[tex-live] texdoctk

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:17:08 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
>> 2008/10/9 Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com>:
>>> Is pdftk still maintained? Yes, it works but not perfectly (I am using
>>> it sometimes)
>>> If it is maintained I will try to compile some list of not-found files
>>> (albeit not very soon)
>>
>> Ask the current maintainer, ssteward at AccessPDF.com
>>
>> It seems at least a bit stale; the latest version (1.41) is now nearly
>> 2 years old.

If you get it right the first time, you don't need as many updates.

> Thanks! I know, but cannot compile 1.41 on MacOSX due to the lack of
> library which comes with the gnome.

pdftk is available for MacOSX via macports.  It needs libiconv.  Macports is,
however, a PITA because it provides tetex and has dependencies for it.
So far it has worked to keep macports after the texlive bin directories, so
all texing is done using TL rather than tetex versions.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia