[tex-live] Source files required after install / scheme-tetex accurate?

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:42:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been asked if files such as .ins files (which I assume are
sourcefiles in tlpdb terms) are required in my tex live packages. Can
I omit all sourcefiles?

Also a user who used to use Slunits.sty in the old tetex tex distro,
has found it not available in scheme-tetex in texlive. Is that
correct? Has it moved?

On a similar note I have had to move ifxetex.sty into my scheme-tetex
package, so that things like beamer will work in pdflatex for example.
A good idea for upstream?

Thanks

--

Best Regards