[tex-live] Install Texlive 2008 "The Pirate Bay" website --- uncompressed

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 8 01:14:57 CEST 2008

    alex> direct download from the TUG website

We don't have the bandwidth.  In fact we go to some trouble to steer
"most" downloads away from tug.org.

    reinhard> I assume that a link to "Legit Torrents" is sufficient.  WDYT?

I guess so.  It seems a bit disingenous since it just points to Pirate
Bay, but it would reduce any unexpected shocks.  Ok, I made that
change.  Thanks.

    phil> Anyone with access to the ISO file can create and
    phil> upload a torrent, to any tracker to which they have
    phil> access.  If someone else would like to create a new torrent,
    phil> and upload it to a tracker that carries no dubious material
    phil> whatsoever, I am sure that TUG and the TeX Live team will
    phil> be delighted, and will link to it.

Precisely!  Less talk, more action :).

karl