[tex-live] Install Texlive 2008 "The Pirate Bay" website --- uncompressed

Tue Oct 7 12:47:07 CEST 2008

On 07.10.2008, at 13:08, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>>

>> Yet if I visit "The Pirate Bay", what do I find ?
>>

>>  http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4421570/
>> Open_Office_3_Release_Candidate_3
>>

> Interesting... but who uploaded it?
>
> F.e. was uploaded by M$?
>
> http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4431623/
> Microsoft_Windows_Vista_Ultimate_Edition_-OsUploader-
>

> :-)
>
> Probably this fellow who uploaded OO was just trying to boost
> upload/download ratio
>
> Victor

openoffice has been available for p2p download for a long time:
http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

maybe a way to uphold the torrent service but avoid having people
getting offended by ads on The Pirate Bay would be to offer the
torrent as a direct download from the TUG website. I do not think
that just because the tracker is linked to Pirate Bay, Mininova or
any other torrent database the whole idea of offering texlive as a
torrent should be abandoned. The tracker itself does not carry any
dubious material.

Best,
Alex