[tex-live] Install Texlive 2008 "The Pirate Bay" website --- uncompressed

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:04:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:28 AM, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
> "Victor Ivrii" <vivrii at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Reinhard Kotucha
>> <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Not
>>> everybody is able to see what you reported.  It depends on where you
>>> are.
>>
>> Or who you are. May be cookies from some pornosites accessed earlier
>> trigger such commercials? :-)
>
> Possible, but then sites like www.latex.de may have been visited by
> accident.

This was a joke. Setting the browser to accept cookies which will be
accessible to everyone (rather than to the same server/the same
domain) means very lame security.

I find inconsistent to reject thepiratesbay but to accept mininova.org
(successor of infamous supernova) which is full of the illegal content

BTW gmail places announcements basing on the content of the thread and
I can see (very non-invasive) advertisements of latex gloves (but not
other objects made latex, at least objects probably being promoted by
the site www.latex.de). I wonder if the people exchanging emails
discussing these objects get LaTeX commercials (like "Use LaTeX to
insert formulae into Word" - actually I find them really offensive:-)

Victor