[tex-live] Read-only files and other oddities

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 3 16:36:52 CEST 2008

OK, it now becomes clear that what is
"unique" about Infra.Win32 is that it
is the last module loaded before TLMGR
starts doing different things if one is
file for Scheme : full commences with "Z".
As reported yesterday, the problem originates
(at least in part) from recycling a CMD window
used previously for a TeX Live installation.
It would be beneficial to forewarn users against
trying such a thing, and advise them instead
to either launch Install-TL.bat directly from
Explorer or via a self-created shortcut.

** Phil.
--------