[tex-live] Could LZMA compression be combined with SFX format ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Oct 1 12:39:31 CEST 2008

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Philip TAYLOR a écrit :

>> what are the extra features on the 2.5Gb
>> texlive2008-20080822.iso DVD that will be missing
>> from the 1Gb TLNET image ?
>>
> Running live (almost) without installation.

Excellent, can think of no possible use for that,
so will go the "download TLNET" route. [1]

All other comments noted with thanks.

** Phil.
--------
[1] I notice one recurring error when using Rsync
     to mirror the Cambridge CTAN node; I include
     the relevant part below, and wonder if anyone
     can shed any light on it ?