[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: Could LZMA compression be combined with SFX format ?]

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Wed Oct 1 12:06:12 CEST 2008

Am Wed, 01 Oct 2008 10:14:31 +0100 schrieb Philip TAYLOR:

> OK, but would one need "other programs" ?  As 7-Zip is
> open source, and has already been ported to Unix/Linux [1],
> could it not be distributed as the general unpacker for
> the (putative) texliveyyyy.lzma.exe ?

If you are willing to bypack a unpacker with the distribuation where is
the need for a self extracting archive?

You should also ask some windows user if they trust self extraction
archives. I at least don't like them. I prefer to look into an archive
and have an idea about the files involved and the pathes they use before
I extract the files.

--
Ulrike Fischer