[tex-live] Missing fonts in BasicTex for Mac

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Nov 29 15:43:10 CET 2008

Howdy,

On the mactex-support list we've had a couple of reports of problems
with missing fonts (in particular ptmr7t when using the times package
or the IEEEtrans document class) from folks that have installed
BasicTeX which is based on the ”TeX Live basic scheme” with the
addition of “LaTeX recommended packages",
"ConTeXt format", "MetaPost (and Metafont) drawing", "PSTricks
packages", and the "XeTeX macros.”

Can one use tlmgr to install a collection of fonts that would include
the missing fonts and which collection would have these fonts? Maybe
better, is there a way to use tlmgr find out which collection has
these fonts so I don't have to bother this list with things like this?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)