[tex-live] strange problem with `xdvi' and `0' key

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 18:02:15 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, George N. White III wrote:
>> Xdvi from Ubuntu's texlive 2007 does not have the bug.
>
> I checked the patches in Debian and we don't have anything related to
> that, so assuming that Ubuntu didn't add anything to the Debian packages
> it seems to be a bug introduced in a later version. (I checkd myself and
> 10g also works here on Debian).

If you disable "expert" mode, xdvi shows the numeric prefix in the message
bar, but the current buggy version is ignoring zero, so "11 g", etc. works.

 in events.c:

static XtActionsRec m_actions[] = {
    {"digit", Act_digit},

but it seems that Act_digit is not called for keyboard zero.  It is,
however, called
for the zero on my number pad, so the workaround is to use the number pad for
page numbers that have a zero!

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia