[tex-live] [OS X TeX] tlmgr failure

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 12:53:45 CET 2008

Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Ralph Martin
> <Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:
> >> I broke tlnet/2008/texlive.tlpdb yesterday.  As Norbert said, it will be
> >> updated in tonight's run, about four hours from now.  Sorry.
> >
> > I now get some new packages, but it seems something is still not right.

0339 was too early (i assume you're using tex.ac.uk aka cam.ctan.org).

i got most packages in a run starting 0000, but my 0300 run failed and i
didn't get a complete set until 0600 (all times nominal).

> I second this.
>
> Now this is confusing: I first run update --all on x64-linux and when
> I noticed a problem I did not update on darwin.

you're presumably using tug.ctan.org, or some mirror of it.  there's
some issue about that slurping my mirror, and when i looked this morning
(about 0800 utc) it still hadn't collected anything since yesterday's
update (which had the corrupt tlpdb).

i've initiated discussion of this, but things seem now (finally) to have
changed for today -- tug.ctan has the proper works.  of course, that
won't have affected many of its mirrors yet :-(

with a bit of work, we should be able to get both dante and tug rather
nearer to the time the stuff arrives in cambridge.  (which itself needs
sorting.)

i'll announce to this list when we have a clearer idea of what times
texlive updates are actually to be expected.

sorry to be on people's critical paths.  we'll try and see it doesn't
happen again...

robin