[tex-live] epstopdf on cygwin

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Nov 19 00:41:03 CET 2008

Angelo Graziosi writes:
 > Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 >
 > > The current maintainer of epstopdf is Gerben Wierda.
 >
 > > I asked several times but never got
 > > a response.
 >
 > So, others (K. B. ?) should apply this patch:

This is not a good idea because the problem will be present again
after a future update from CTAN if it's not fixed in the master
sources.  Gerben gratefully took over maintenance after we noticed
that there had been different versions of epstopdf in the TL
repository already.  He made some adaptions for OS X a few years ago
and there had already been patches by other people, hence it's good
that he took over maintenance.

Karl already asked him, and I think this is the best thing one can do.

I don't know who added the cygwin line, Gerben is maintaining epstopdf
for a couple of months now and the stuff certainly had been introduced
earlier.  Maybe he is cautious because he didn't add the line himself.

So let's see whether Karl is more successful.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25