[tex-live] tlmgr and FreeBSD7

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Nov 17 01:47:37 CET 2008

    tlmgr uses tar with option --owner,

Thanks for the report.  Guess we need to change that around.

    tlmgr: installation location
    ftp://ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
    TLPOBJ currently supports only plain or lzma containers at
    /usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm line 516.
    update: beamer (7340 -> 11236) ...

Well, it shouldn't be happening.  But that message doesn't appear at
line 516 any more.  So my first question is, what version of tlmgr are
you running?  (Run tlmgr --version to see.)  And, if it's not fairly
recent, please try updating following the info at
http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html and see if that helps anything.

Best,
Karl