[tex-live] grnumalt

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Nov 17 01:00:15 CET 2008

On Sun 16th Nov, 2008 at 18:47, Victor Ivrii seems to have written:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:26 PM,  <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:
>> On Sun 16th Nov, 2008 at 16:48, Karl Berry seems to have written:
>>>
>>> In the case of grnumalt, it is marked other-nonfree (which is good), and
>>> I already removed it from TL some time ago, for precisely this reason.
>>
>> Is there any easy way of figuring out which packages are present in an
>> installation but have been removed from TL? I'm guessing this was
>> removed before tlmgr removed packages no longer in TL from local
>> installations. I would prefer to get my local version synced because it
>> is somewhat confusing at the moment. (Anything I want which is non-free
>> can go in texmf-local where it doesn't cause confusion.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Clea
>>

> grep remove  /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log

That lists packages which have been removed both locally and at source,
correct? Is there any easy way to figure out what's no longer in TL
(removed at source) but is still installed locally - such as grnumalt,
in my case, at least.

Thanks,
cfr