[tex-live] aleph -> luatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 30 23:53:37 CEST 2008

The Aleph team has declared that Aleph development has been halted for
some time; efforts are concentrated on luatex now.  Therefore they
recommend that TeX Live simply make the "aleph" executable a link to
luatex.  So I plan to implement that recommendation.

If this is going to cause insuperable problems for anyone, tell the
Aleph folks so they can convince you otherwise :).

BTW, there is no plan to remove or significantly change Omega;
essentially the same binary and support for Omega will be present as in
past years.  We (notably Akira) have already integrated the updates from
Knuth's "2008 tune-up".

Best,
Karl