[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 25 21:57:50 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

please stay on list, not only I can help ...

On Mi, 25 Jun 2008, Dan Luecking wrote:
> I then tried after removing perl, lzma, tar, wget and TeXLive2007
> from my path:
>
> This time the process was amazingly slow. About 25 minutes to
> complete. I am still seeing: "tar : File not found in archive".

That sounds already quite interesing. Could it be that your tar does not
support some options? Can you send me the output of tar --help and tar
--version?

> I used an explicit --url:
> install-tl --url http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tldev
>
> This went much faster, finished in less than a minute and no messages
> from tar. Also, the updmap-sys gives no bogus complaints an the papersize
> configuration step succeeds.

Fine.

> It would appear that random mirrors do not work yet.

It worked when I tried it here, so it must be something different, or
specific to your mirror. Maybe we can fix this by staying with one
selected mirror.

> Now that a minimal distribution can be successully installed, I might
> try some more extensive tests (including making formats and adding
> new packages).

Would be great!

Best wishes

Norbert