[tex-live] texdoc can't find texmf.cnf

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jun 23 00:52:51 CEST 2008

Jonathan Kew scripsit (23.06.2008 00:03)
> Yes, that helps - thanks!

Phew!

> One other issue: the default viewer commands for unix-like systems in the
> script are not appropriate for OS X, where it's not "standard" to have X11
> and any X-based tools installed. I'm sure there's a way for users to
> override these settings, but it would be good if the built-in defaults
> worked wherever possible.

That is on the (pre-release part of the) todo-list too.  At the moment,
there's no way for the user to configure things, and the defaults are actually
not suited to OS X (and even for other Unixes it could be good to have a list,
some people may prefer have acroread/evince/kpdf/whatever instead of xpdf).

I'm unfamiliar with the OS X world: is open supposed to always work, or should
we also test a list of programs on OS X (when the feature will be
implemented)? And, just curious, is the user able to configure which actual
program is used by open?

> A suggested patch follows; I'm don't know if "os.name" is the best thing to
> test; that was just a guess as to what might be available, but seems to
> work here.

Thanks a lot.  I think os.name is indeed the right thing to test (there is
only os.type and os.name according to texlua's ref).  Commited, r8944.  Also
using os.type now.

Manuel.