[tex-live] testing TL'08
vvv at vsu.ru
Sat Jun 14 11:16:51 CEST 2008
"KB" == Karl Berry writes:
KB> Please send bug reports here, tex-live at tug.org.
not a bug report but some todo reminder.
1) some platform binaries were created from slightly outdated sources.
* i386-openbsd lacks synctex, and its lzma binaries in
Master/tlpkg/installer/lzma/ are not stripped.
* amd64-freebsd misses 5 xindy-related binaries (note that i386-freebsd
has xindy). i think we fixed freebsd build problems so whoever is
building on amd64-freebsd could try again. when building clisp on
freebsd, the trick is to make "make" be a gnu make, if you're building
test -d ~/bin || mkdir ~/bin
cp -p /usr/local/bin/gmake ~/bin/make
the problem which required this workaround is already fixed in clisp
cvs tree, but it is needed with 2.45 and earlier clisp versions.
* i386-darwin and powerpc-darwin have no pdfopen ane pdfclose (which was
already discussed last year so it is ok), have macos-specific
additions (T1Wrap and xdv2pdf), and lack xindy.
i successfully built xindy on i386-darwin (10.4) but there the
ffcall library is buggy and xindy crashes.
i think that on powerpc-darwin there should be more chances to get a
working xindy because it is older than i386 and ffcall may work there.
* mips-irix has not yet been rebuilt and contains outdated binaries
* hppa-hpux has no luatex and no xindy.
* win32 has many differences which don't seem to be dictated by platform
specifics. e.g. why does win32 have vlna.exe? or teckit_compile.exe?
(this is just an example). we have them in the source tree but they
are not installed on unix. why they are installed on woe32?
More information about the tex-live