[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 Development Installation (v9793/9792), index.html containing links to documentation is missing

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jul 28 22:56:08 CEST 2008

Hi Peter, hi Karl,

On Mo, 28 Jul 2008, Karl Berry wrote:
> Both (an updated) doc.html and index.html are in the distribution.  Like
> Norbert, I am baffled as to why you don't have them.  They are in the
> texlive.infra package, and that's fundamental to the whole thing ...

Well, Peter, did you turn on the option to install doc files?

Karl, index.html is in the docfile section of texlive.infra, soit could
be that they are not installed.

I guess I have to add an exception, or we adjust the patterns that these
files are in the runfile pattern so that they are alwawys installed.
Seems to me the better solution. Keep the tlpkg/doc/* and tlpkg/man/*
in the docfiles, and the stuff in /: LICENSE, README, ... in runfiles.

Best wishes

Norbert