[tex-live] Remapping a Tex Font to an Adobe font in dvipdfm?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:52:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Mark London wrote:
> Hi - I'm presently using the TeX URW Arial font for Arial, but it's not
> quite real Arial.  So I've changed the URW Arial map file (UA1.MAP) so that
> it maps the URW Arial fonts to Adobe ArialMT fonts.  This works great when
> converting the DVI to PS.  However, I want the same ability when using DVI
> to PDF also.  Is this possible?  Right now I'm creating the PDF file by
> converting the PS file to a PDF using Adobe Distiller, but it would be more
> convenient if it could be done in one step.  Thanks. - Mark

I don't know anything about the specific question you asked, but I
guess that both pdf(la)tex and dvipdfmx could use the same (dvips) map
file. Can you try with pdf(la)tex and see if it works as expected?

You can always try dvipdfmx (from TeX Live 2008, not earlier), but
using pdfTeX is more simple and better unless you need some very
special features of dvipdfmx.

Mojca