[tex-live] kpsewhich bug in x86_64

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:23:10 CEST 2008

2008/7/15 Fabrice DELENTE <fdelente at mail.cpod.fr>:
> Hello.
>
>> [zw at centos ~]$ kpsewhich language.dat
>> Floating point exception
>
> I had the same kind of problem recently; I solved it by recompiling my
> kernel.

Do you have some instructions what is important to include in the
kernel? I have just tried to install TL on a comp with CentOS 5 with a
distribution kernel:

wagner at x9:~/instalace/install-tl$ uname -a
Linux x9 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5 #1 SMP Fri Nov 30 00:45:55 EST 2007 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

kpsewhich seems to work fine. The kernel on my home comp was compiled
by me because the distribution kernel lacks support for FireWire.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/