[tex-live] darwin architecture not recognized

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemio at fis.ucm.es
Mon Jul 14 23:22:20 CEST 2008

I was trying to install the 2008-07-14 release of TexLive (updated
today via rsync) on my two Macs (a PowerPC G5 quad-core and an Intel
MacBook Pro), and in both cases install-tl failed to recognize the
architecture automatically (although the "Universal darwin" binaries
could be selected "by hand"). This is bad for me, since I usually
install using a profile file, so I missed this until the installation
was over.

Thanks everybody for making available TexLive to the community!

Artemio

Artemio Gonzalez-Lopez
artemio at eresmas.net