[tex-live] beamer vs. hyperref

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jul 12 20:10:01 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 04:45:07PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:

>     In any case, I suspect that defining \pdfoutput is a risky strategy,
>
> I agree.  Till, can you change that?  (Not urgent.)
>
>     In the meantime, I suggest that in TeX Live, we add a hyperref.cfg
>     file to the texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xetexconfig/ directory,
>
> Please do.

This is not necessary, next hyperref version fixes
the driver detection algorithm, from the current ChangeLog:

    * 6.78a
    * Driver options: Algorithm for finding the driver is changed:
      * Code for detecting the driver is more robust
        (not confused by \newcount\pdfoutput, solves a problem with beamer).
      * Driver hpdftex.def is used/forced if and only if pdfTeX is running
        in PDF mode. Thus hyperref now behaves like the other packages that
        do not change PDF mode.
      * Also some other driver options are checked.
    * Driver hpdftex.def:
      * Setting of \pdfcompresslevel is removed.
      * \PassOptionsToPackage{pdftex}{color} is removed.
    * Option dvipdf with driver hdvipdf.def is removed.
      (Nobody missed it since 2006-08-01 v6.75a.)

Upload next days, when I have a better bandwidth.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>