[tex-live] trouble starting context on latest tl2008 developer snapshot

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jul 7 22:46:19 CEST 2008

On Mo, 07 Jul 2008, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 07 Jul 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >   calc_depends;
> > - my $mw = Tk::MainWindow->new();
> > + my $mwv = Tk::MainWindow->new();
> > + $mw = $mwv->Scrolled("Frame", -scrollbars => "oe", -height => 800);
> >
> > @@@
> >   menu_update_texts();
> > + $mw->pack;
> >   Tk::MainLoop();
>
> Too much hassle. We have only a mininmal perl in the installer, I tried
> to find all the necessary files and gave up after 15 files added and no

Thanks for the tip. I have no implemented a different approach:
- reduce the size of the image a bit, that makes it fit better on
  windows.

- on unix:
	$mw->update;
	my $rh = $mw->reqheight;
	if (($rh >= 780) && !win32()) {
		require Tk::Pane;
		my $foo = $mainwindow->Scrolled("Frame", -scrollbars => "oe", -height => 780
		$mw->pack(-in => $foo);
		$foo->pack;
	} else {
		$mw->pack;
	}
  That should do it. If the requested size (and since we didn't request
  any size it is the natural size) is smaller tahn 780 (I choose that to
  fit some window decorations) we do nothing, otherwise we pack it INTO
  another paned frame.

Taco, please, can you check that out? Do you have the svn version? Can
you try in your virtual machine on unix whther it works with a small
screen? I can only try win32.

Best wishes

Norbert