[tex-live] pdftex ambiguous entry for `ecbm1440': font file present but not included

Jindrich Novy jindranovy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:24:24 CET 2008

Hi Patrice, Norbert, Robin,

On Jan 18, 2008 9:43 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Hi Patrice,
>
> On Fr, 18 Jan 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > MixedMap cm-super-t1.map
> > and that it corresponds with
> > texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/cm-super-t1.map
> > which is a dvipdfm map file which is not compatible with pdftex maps,
> > since it has lines like
> > ecbm1440 cm-super-t1 sfbm1440
> > which are not correct for pdftex, they should be like
> > ecbm1440 cm-super-t1 <sfbm1440.pfb
> > or even better, as in the pdftex.map shipped with texlive
> > ecbm1440 SFBM1440 "T1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t1.enc <
> sfbm1440.pfb
> >
> > So it seems to me that another cm-super-t1.map is missing which would be
> > correct for dvips/pdftex. But even in that case how comes that a dvipdfm
>

> On Fr, 18 Jan 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > I disagree. I understand that it is solved by providing the correct map,
> > but when there is only the dvipdfm map installed I think that things
>
> Then this is a bug of packaging in RH. The following files are present
> in TeX Live 2007:
>        Master-2007.0/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/cm-super-t1.map

This file is missing from the Fedora TeXLive package:

>        Master-2007.0/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/cm-super/cm-super-t1.map

because we don't package cm-super.zip. The reason is its huge size (66M
zipped,
112M expanded). TeXLive would only hardly fit to any Fedora LiveCD media if
we
package it. Is there any way how to generate correct pdftex map files
without
cm-super installed?

Thanks for any help,
Jindrich