[tex-live] pdftex ambiguous entry for `ecbm1440': font file present but not included

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jan 18 00:47:27 CET 2008

Hello,

In fedora using the default fedora updmap.cfg, a pdftex run leads to many
pdfTeX warning: /usr/bin/pdflatex (file /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map): ambiguous entry for `ecbm1440': font file present but not
included, will be treated as font file not present

It seems to me that it is because there is the map
MixedMap cm-super-t1.map
and that it corresponds with
texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/cm-super-t1.map
which is a dvipdfm map file which is not compatible with pdftex maps,
since it has lines like
ecbm1440 cm-super-t1 sfbm1440
which are not correct for pdftex, they should be like
ecbm1440 cm-super-t1 <sfbm1440.pfb
or even better, as in the pdftex.map shipped with texlive
ecbm1440 SFBM1440 "T1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t1.enc <sfbm1440.pfb

So it seems to me that another cm-super-t1.map is missing which would be
correct for dvips/pdftex. But even in that case how comes that a dvipdfm
map is used for a pdftex map? Is it a bug in updmap? Somewhere else?

--
Pat