[tex-live] TEXMFHOME setting causes recursive search of home directory

Poor Yorick org.tug.tex-live at pooryorick.com
Tue Jan 1 01:07:04 CET 2008

Apart form that one niggle, texLive handled the absence of $HOME like a champ.  But $HOME was only absent during the install phase.  For everyday use, it will be set.  The other 70 programs in the same NFS directory (including bash, find, gcc, perl, etc.), were also installed in an environment with only three environment variables:  $BASE, $CC, and $LDFLAGS.

--
Yorick