[tex-live] CTAN has a new package: hwkatakana

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:02:02 CET 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 3:55 PM, Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> wrote:
> > Werner, is it not possible to integrate hwk into CJK as a matter of
> > cohesion? Even if you do not like half-width katakana :-)
>
> Of course it would be possible!  But:
>
>   . hwkatakana is a stand-alone package and works as such.
>
>   . CJK is basically a macro package, not a bundle for fonts.
>
> BTW, I've made an error: It's not a problem with the `CJK' package but
> with `wadalab'.
>
> It would make sense to integrate hwkatakana into wadalab, at least on
> the TeXLive side.  Hmm...  Anyway, it's still a quirky issue...

Yes, you are right. Of course: CJK depends on wadalab, and so does hwk.

To clarify:

hwk has three parts: the font part which is independent of TeX and CJK
(.pfb fonts),
a part which requires TeX to be there to use (TeX fonts) and a part
which requires CJK to be there (font definition files).

If the font parts of hwk were incorporated into the wadalab package
then the part relevant to CJK could possibly be incorporated into CJK,
perhaps?

Regards, Gernot