[tex-live] x64 libXau

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Dec 22 23:48:45 CET 2008

    xdvi-xaw: error while loading shared libraries: libXau.so.6: cannot open

Is there a package you can install to get libXau.so?

    any ideas why the x64 version requires libXau while the i386 does not?

I expect it's a function of the system configurations on which the two
versions were compiled.  I made the i386-linux binaries on Debian sarge
which only has a static libXau (don't know if it was used).

Reinhard built the final x86_64-linux binaries, as I recall.  I don't
know the system configuration.

Best,
Karl