[tex-live] searching help for files w/o documentation

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Dec 21 00:06:31 CET 2008

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> if the only documentation is the package file itself, i would consider
> it undocumented.

That seems a somewhat jaundiced view.  Some authors
take great care to make their code self-documenting.
(I seem to recall my "Cropmarks.tex" [1] was just such).

> what actual use would be served by making cjknumb.sty available to the
> ordinary user?

Perhaps little (I've looked at it); but surely Werner
is not asking for CJKnumb to be special-cased, but rather
that "the ordinary user" (modern-day English for /hoi polloi/ ?)
be always offered the .sty (or <whatever>) file if
no explicit documentation exists.

> i'm with manuel.

I'm not (in this case).
** Phil.