[tex-live] TL failed to build

Yue Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:08:28 CET 2008

Hi:

I want to report that TL failed to build on FreeBSD 8-CURRENT i386.
I upgrade the system to the latest version (today's snapshot), and run
portupgrade to upgrade all the needed ports (like fontconfig and
gmake) to the current version.
Then I de-lzma the texlive-20080816-source.tar.lzma in the live dvd,
run ./Build --with-fontconfig=/usr/local.
And the build script stop when compiling the ncurses library. It is a
compiler error. So I hope it can be fixed soon.
(to provide additional information: FreeBSD upgrade their ncurses
library a few weeks ago, maybe what's why it failed to build?)

Yue Wang