[tex-live] TL2008's otftotfm has some old shared libs dependencies.

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 12:51:53 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>    the question is *why* is it linked against libstdc++.so.5?
>
> Because we did not have a chance to fix the autotools stuff to use
> cxx-runtime-hack for lcdf-typetools.  Hopefully for next time we will.

I think the OP would have preferred that a current version of lcdf-typetools
be linked (dynamically) against a current libstdc++, so was not
looking for "cxx-runtime-hack".  Maybe the best strategy for the OP is
to file a bug with
the distro (Fedora 9) against lcdf-typetools so that when TeX Live is
packaged it uses the version he needs.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia