[tex-live] TL2008's otftotfm has some old shared libs dependencies.

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:31:37 CEST 2008

You need to install a compatibility library.  On Fedora 8 I have:

$ sudo rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
Password:
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-62.i386

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Vasile Gaburici <vgaburici at gmail.com> wrote:
> otftotfm: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
>
> So it doesn't normally work on Fedora 9 and probably other newer
> distros. Linking against the so.5 c++ lib seems rather pointless since
> otftotfm works pretty well with the so.6.

The major distros have to support legacy apps and so must provide
appropriate libraries -- the trick is knowing what they are called so you
can install them.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia