[tex-live] ??? cannot be found in...

Rolf Niepraschk Rolf.Niepraschk at gmx.de
Sun Aug 24 09:48:12 CEST 2008

Karl Berry schrieb:
>     chemscheme cannot be found in
>     http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
>
> As Robin implied, it seems you got an old tlpdb somehow.  Those packages
> have not existed for quite a while, so it's correct that the mirror does
> not have them.
>
> What's useful information in failed download reports is the actual
> mirror that was used; "mirror.ctan.org" multiplexes among all
> (supposedly) up-to-date mirrors, so it doesn't tell us anything about
> which host might actually have the stale data.  tlmgr should tell you
> what individually mirror actually got chosen, I think/hope ...

"tlmgr" doesn't show me any information about the real server. If I put
the URL

  http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008

in my web browser I see

  http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/

A next try with this server has the same problematic result

tlmgr --location \
  http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008  update \
  --all -v

xbase cannot be found in
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
xecyr.x86_64-linux cannot be found in
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
xinitials cannot be found in
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008

Doesn't work the mirroring? Should I avoid "mirror.ctan.org" in the future?

...Rolf