[tex-live] tl2rpm: TeX Live 2008 packages to rpm converter

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Aug 22 00:22:20 CEST 2008

Karl Berry scripsit (21.08.2008 23:37)
> And anyway, don't they really depend only on texlive if someone wants to
> *build* the documentation -- as opposed to just read it?  Hopefully
> those other programs provide prebuilt pdf/html/whatever.  Seems like
> building the doc would be relatively rare.

I don't know for other distros, but in Debian this is the notion of
"Build-depends" as opposed to "Depends". I assume most binary distros have
similar concepts.

> With scheme-basic as the default, I suspect most people who actually
> want to use TeX (for anything) will be frustrated, since very little of
> what they expect will be installed, while others will happily figure out
> the yum invocation above.

As as user who installed his texlive from Debian for the last few years, I can
say that, as there is no "texlive" (I mean, just "texlive") package in Debian,
you have to chose to either install texlive-full (and be aware of the disk
usage) ot the various  texlive-* (which basically correspond to texlive
collections, with some exceptions for packages maintained separately). I
allways was happy with that (and usually chose texlive-full to avoid problems).

So you can never be frustrated since you made the choice. OTOH, you have to
make the choice.

Manuel.