[tex-live] tl layout on ctan

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Aug 20 13:53:22 CEST 2008

Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> I found that ctan nodes have the following layout in tlnet/2008/
>  archive/
>  install-tl/ *)
>  tlpkg/
>  install-tl.zip
>  install-tl-unx.tar.gz
>  README
>
> I think that *) (unpacked install-tl.zip) can be only missleading
> and I'd suggest to remove it. The main reason is that *) contains also
> tlpkg/ directory and if someone downloads (or makes mirror) the whole
> structure, then tries to run install-tl/install-tl[.bat] for installation
> from the local disk, it doesn't work.

I am responsible for asking for this directory,
which Karl kindly created at my request, and
my reason for asking for it was the very thing
that you say doesn't work :

> if someone downloads (or makes mirror) the whole
>> structure, then tries to run install-tl/install-tl[.bat] for installation
>> from the local disk, it doesn't work.

That is exactly what I did, and as far as
I can tell, it /did/ work !  What is the
problem that you anticipate happening
when this is tried, Staszek ?

** Phil.