[tex-live] linguex in texlive snapshot

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Aug 13 13:53:18 CEST 2008

Florin scripsit (13.08.2008 13:28)
> Hi all. I just installed the latest snapshot of TeXlive 2008. So far
> everything seems to be working great, with one exception:
> The package linguex (used for examples in linguistics) requires
> cgloss4e.sty. The file comes with the linguex package, downloadable
> from CTAN. However, TeXlive  does not install it together with
> linguex. Maybe someone considered it is obsolete and removed it?

No, we usually don't remove individual files for such reasons, but we remove
them when they are duplicating files in other packages. Here, cgloss4e.sty is
already provided by gb4e. Installing this should solve the problem.

>  texmf-dist/doc/latex/linguex/README.TEXLIVE

Reads:

> The following files have been removed in the TeX Live installation of
> the current package, typically due to duplication, lack of space, or
> missing source code.  You can find these files on CTAN.  If questions or
> concerns, email tex-live.org.
>
>     cgloss4e.sty

You can see that supposed obsolescence is not in the reasons. By the way, I'm
not sure lack of space is still a possible reason either, now that we don't
try to fit in a single CD any more.

Manuel.