[tex-live] TL2008 installation under Windows

Gregor Zimmermann gregor.zimmermann at physik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Aug 13 13:23:41 CEST 2008

Hi Phil,

> One thing I forgot to report from my installation
> yesterday : the GUI text entry functionality is
> still horribly buggy -- yesterday I managed to
> highlight the text, but typing new text did
> not erase the highlit text.
During yesterdays installs, I had no problems with this, but I did not
look for them in this place either.
Todays tests,i.e. specifically looking on WindowsXP (SP3+fully patched)
and Windows2000 (SP4+fully patched):
- highlighting works with mouse and keyboard
- copying/cutting texts works
- pasting works, but *does not* erase the highlighted text
- typing *does* erase the highlighted text (which is the reason for my
lack of problems, as my TeX Live will use folders that do no exist at
that point of the installation anyway)

Best Regards,
  Gregor

     Gregor Zimmermann