[tex-live] Perltk-zh.pl in tl2008 has been finished in both simplified and traditional chinese.

hongyi.zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 06:32:21 CEST 2008

>On Mi, 06 Aug 2008, Karl Berry wrote:
>> As I understand it (I just happened to read an article about this, I
>> actually know nothing about it :), the newfangled way would be zh-hant
>> and zh-hans.  And zh-cn is usually used in practice for simplified, whil
>> zh-tw or zh-tw are misused for traditional.

Yup

>BTW, Zhao, your UTF8 coded files were quite strange, they had some
>hidden two bytes at the beginning, file declared the UTF8 with BUM
>marker.
>
>I had to remove them (the markers) (was not easy, vim didn't show them,
>I had to use an hex editor) otherwise the code in our perl script
>wouldn't work properly (we are reading in in bytes and convert then to
>utf8 by hand).

The two files is saved by me in the format UTF8 with byte order mark (BOM),  I've removed them now, plese check them.

According to the above discussion, I renamed these two files into Perltk-zh-Hans and Perltk-zh-Hant, respectively, what do you think about it?

PS.  The attachments is the new renamed and BOM-deleted files.
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Science
2008-08-07