[tex-live] End of installation log transcript

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Aug 7 01:09:22 CEST 2008

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> [...] What really
> concerns me is that I can find no trace
> of a log file recording the fc-cache errors :
> there is an "install-tl.log" in F:\TeX\Live\2008,
> but searching it for "fc-cache" (or even
> just "cache" : see first error) reveals no
> hits ... these errors are presumably all recorded
> somewhere, but where, please ?

Sorry, at the moment nobody cannot catch why fc-config fails *during*
installation. We discussed it here several times and it seems to me
that the problem should go to texlive-bug as still not resolved with a
hint that "it is recommended to run fc-cache -r -v after installation".
Sorry again, but we have now more serious problems with xetex in win32...

> By the way, despite the assertion that
> TEXMFCNF is set, I can find no trace

TEXMFCNF is not used anymore on Windows.

> --------
> Installing: zwgetfdate
> WARNING: environment variable TEXMFCNF is set.
> You should know what you are doing.
> We will remove that for the post install actions, but all further
> operations might be disturbed.

This is because you have TEXMFCNF set from TL2007, as I recall.
Anyway, the rest of your messages looks OK by me. And TEXMFCNF seems
to be removed from your environment. If not, for further work, please
remove it yoursef, as the warning say.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl