[tex-live] The dvi viewer of tl2008 under windows.

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Aug 6 06:19:30 CEST 2008

Mi hao, Zhao :

> I want to know there is a built-in viewer in
> tl2008 which is versatile, e.g., block compiling,
> double direction search between tex source file
> and the dvi file, and etc., I konw, some commercial
> latex editors, such as winedt, has all of this capabilities.

I don't understand : you ask (in the "Subject: "
field) about a DVI viewer, then comment later
in the body that some commercial editors (such
as WinEDT) have the capabilities you seek.

As WinEDT isn't a DVI viewer, it's not clear
why you think a DVU viewer might have such
functionality : I, for one, would not expect
any DVI viewer to offer block compilation;
that is a task for a front-end/intelligent
editor such as WinEDT.

Philip Taylor