[tex-live] what's about biblatex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Aug 4 19:08:38 CEST 2008

Norbert Preining scripsit (04.08.2008 18:34)
> Experimental or not, if it is on CTAN in principle we can include it.

Technically, we can: it's free software etc (though I'd really like to see the
source of the doc one day, but this is another matter).

But I had the impression (see siunitx or I don't which one of SI* it was) that
for stuff in ctan/experimental we usually ask the author what he thinks.

> Its my impression, too, that biblatex is gaining audience a lot.

Yep.

> Of course, we can always add that package also later to the distribution
> and make it available via tlmgr, but having it in now also seems not a
> too bad idea.

Maybe it is best to include it later. This way, we make sure that the only
people ho get it form TeX Live are those who update regularly and avoid that
in two years there is still an old version in use from the people who just
install from the DVD and never update later.

> I leave that up to Manuel and Karl.

I leave that to Karl :-) but my opinion is clear: I think it's a bad idea to
ignore the author's whishes. even if as a user I'd prefer to have it in TL (I
can't use "old-style" bibtex since I discovered biblatex).

Manuel.