[tex-live] TexLive 2007 & russian language support (on Win32 platform)

Mikhail Filimonov mvf at uniyar.ac.ru
Tue Sep 4 16:46:42 CEST 2007

Karl Berry пишет:
>     Error: ! Font T2A/cmr/m/n/10=larm1000 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric
>
> See http://tug.org/texlive/bugs.html.
>
> Most likely, you need to enable the MKTEX* variables in texmf.cnf.
> These were wrongly disabled by default in TL 2007 (Windows only).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Karl

It really helps. Thank you for support.

And one more question.

I have a document which uses a lot of different russian fonts.
If  TexLive does not found metric file it calls MF to create it (and it
is desired behavour).
BUT: after creating metic file, compliling of TEX file fails with
diffents errors.

At the next start LaTeX found created on prior start metric file, and
continue compliation.
But then it need one more font the situations repeats.

So I have to restart compilation many times, one start for each font.

MikTeX for example, do not stop compiling of source file after building
font files.
So Miktex can build any number of needed fonts at one start, without any
errors.

There are 2 examples in attach.
"Slides.tex" is made using "beamer" style, which use a lot of fonts, and
this is a good example (showing my words).
"test.tex" is very simple file, but also showing this problem - errors
(with font) at first run.

Best regards,
  Mikhail.