[tex-live] documentation of arydshln

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:07:11 CEST 2007

2007/10/24, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
>     running the documentation file of arydshln.sty requires
>     the dtx file, which is read by the arydshln-man.tex.
>     But this file cannot be found by tex, it is in the
>     source directory.
>
> I know the problem, but that is simply the way TL has always been
> arranged (since long before I was involved) -- the dtx/ins have always
> been put in the source/ subtree.

dtx/ins files are sources for both the package and documentation, so I
think that the source tree is the good place for them. Normal users of
TL never need them.

> However, I'm not sure if it really gains anything to have the dtx/ins
> under source; perhaps it would be better for them to be in the
> doc/package directory, which would keep everything together.  I've
> thought about that, but it's quite a big change, so I procrastinate ...
>
> I'd rather not treat arydshln differently than every other package in
> this regard.  I expect there are plenty of other packages with a similar
> setup.
>
> Why were you rerunning the doc, anyway?  (Just wondering.)

I tried "texdoc arydshln" and it displays the manual, thus manual
processing of arydshln.dtx is not needed.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/