[tex-live] Adding a font map? (I want to install URW Arial font).

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Oct 19 22:28:47 CEST 2007

Mark London writes:
 >Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw <at> gust.org.pl> writes:
 >

 >> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Mark London wrote:
 >>
 >> > Unfortunately, that command only exists for linux, not windows.
 >>
 >> updmap works also for windows
 >
 > No, I was referring to getnonfreefonts

I'm sure that Staszek means getnonfreefonts.  If getnonfreefonts is a
UNIX shell script, you have TeX Live 2005 installed.  In TeX Live 2007
it's a Perl script.  The Windows variant claims to be a batch file but
actually it's the same Perl script as for UNIX (not only Linux, BTW).

Martin proposed XeTeX.  If it's not a big problem for you to upgrade
to TeX Live 2007 you get both, XeTeX and a version of getnonfreefonts
which works on Windows.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25