[tex-live] shell_escape extension patch

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 1 00:25:22 CEST 2007

    hi taco/karl---did this patch make it into the official texlive
    distribution by now?

Apparently I committed the change in June 2006, so it would have been
included in the TL 2007 release.  I can't say I explicitly tried it.

    Second question---perltex currently is incredibly slow because it is
    constantly polling for the appearance of files.

The perltex author (Scott Pakin) just made another release of perltex,
so it seems he is still maintaining the package.  I suggest
communicating with him directly about avoiding the polling ...

Best,
Karl