[tex-live] TikZ bug in TeXLive 2007

John Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 20:50:13 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 19:25 +0000, John Murdie wrote:
> Someone here has encountered the problem of writing a medium space in
> math mode (\:) when TikZ is used (also reported here:
> http://osdir.com/ml/tex.pgf.user/2006-12/msg00029.html )

There was in fact a discussion of this problem on that (the
tex.pgf.user) mailing list in December 2006 -
http://osdir.com/ml/tex.pgf.user/2006-12/threads.html

Apparently, version 1.3 of pgf/generic/utilities/pgfutil-common.tex
fixes the problem. Perhaps not wise to install that without the rest of
the PGF/TikZ distribution, but I've done that here as a
semi-work-around, and the problem is indeed fixed.

John A. Murdie
Department of Computer Science
University of York
UK