[tex-live] can TeXLive under ubuntu 7.10 access style files in a Windows partition?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:24:14 CET 2007

2007/11/5, Colin Rowat <c.rowat at espero.org.uk>:
> Thank you Reinhard and Zden&#283;k.
>
> As I more interested in getting my texlive running properly now than in
> its efficient operation, I have removed the "!!" prepend to $MIKTEX in
> the .cfg file.
>
> I have run texhash (just double clicking it in a Nautilus window and
> selecting "run from terminal") and did run latex from a command line
> with the "-d -1" options - which I understood (perhaps incorrectly) to
> enable the kpathsea debugging.  I could not easily find a debugging
> logfile, though, so am not sure that this worked properly.
>
> I think, then, at this point, that the easiest thing for me to do is to
> not use latexcad - an obsolete drawing package that I used in Windows as
> it allows any text inside it to be compiled and set with LaTeX as well.
> I should be able to work around this with xfig.

You can always try

kpsewhich filename -program latex (or pdflatex)

to see whether kpathsea finds the file, or

kpsewhich --show-path latex

to display the list of directories where kpathsea will search for the
files. This is very efficient way for finding problems in your
installation.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/