[tex-live] Comment on Re: TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu May 24 12:18:42 CEST 2007

Oliver Bandel <oliver at first.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> And btw. it's also possible to create filenames that have spaces
> on the command line.
> The problem is, that most (all?) shells doesn't handle them correctly.

On the contrary, all that I have on my system do handle them correctly:

$ cat bin/testing/spacename
ls "file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row"
$ zsh bin/testing/spacename
ls: file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row: No such file or directory
$ bash bin/testing/spacename
ls: file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row: No such file or directory
$ dash bin/testing/spacename
ls: file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row: No such file or directory
$ tcsh bin/testing/spacename
ls: file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row: No such file or directory
$ ksh bin/testing/spacename
ls: file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row: No such file or directory
$ zsh bin/testing/spacename
ls: file with spaces in the name, even  two in a row: No such file or directory
$

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster