[tex-live] The suggestions (from tex-d-l) (Re: Comment on Re: TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation))

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed May 23 20:56:22 CEST 2007

  > OK, I think it's time to have a look at subversion.  I didn't used
  > it so far. So... a lot more to learn.

Not very much to learn if you only need it to download TeXLive. But
you need 5 GB disk space.

Another possibility is to download the CD image, which contains a zip
file for each package and can installed significantly faster.  You
need a bittorrent client for the download.

BTW, 4 hrs for a TL installation is quite unusual, maybe there is
something wrong with your friend's DVD drive.  Why don't you try it
yourself on your machine?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25